Technical / Installation
Articles - Body Interior / Exterior
Olympic A/T Front Bumper w/Hood Protection
Article written by Moab Man
Date Added: 06/13/2010
Many of the products we look at are for those that play in rocks. If you; however, wheel in areas that receive real rainfall (unlike Moab) & have to deal with brush. This Olympic A/T Slider Front Bumper with Hood Protection may serve you well.
This Olympic bumper is manufactured from 1½? x .120? heavy wall steel tubing and designed to give maximum clearance, outstanding fender protection, and keep brush and limbs out of your grill, winch, headlights, etc...
Installation is as follows and reuses factory hardware.
1. Remove the top bolts of your current bumper.
2. Remove all bolts from the bottom of your bumper.
3. With all bolts removed, slide your current bumper off of the vehicle.
4. We found it easier to leave the winch plate unbolted and in place. If you also have a winch, please use a friend to hold it while removing the bumper and make sure it stays in place. This could become a very expensive install if your unsecured winch were to fall off the front of your Jeep.
5. Put the Olympic A/T Slider front bumper in place. Again utilizing a friend to keep the winch in place if applicable.
6. Once all bolt holes are aligned, replace any recovery hooks, etc... and start the top and bottom bolts. Once all the bolts are in place, tighten down the top bolts.
7. Tighten down all bottom bolts. Pretty girl not included with bumper purchase.
This bumper is for you if...
You wheel thickly wooded trails and contend with brush/branches whacking the front of your Jeep, or catching your fenders.
This bumper is NOT for you if...
You wheel in the rocks. This is not a rock bashing bumper. Nor will this bumper stand in as a ?stinger.?
Bottom line: This bumper is perfect for protecting everything on the front of your Jeep from getting taken out by stray branches. The tubing is beefy enough to protect headlights and fenders against an impact from most wooden objects. But if you're like us and live and play in the desert, shop elsewhere.