- The bolt that attaches the synthetic rope to the drum is too short and only extends 1-2 threads past the thick Master Pull rope?s crimp. We exchanged our bolt for something a little longer.
- Sometimes the Integrated Control Box will continue to pull for .5 to 1 second after releasing the ?IN? toggle. This can be a little disconcerting when you do not have absolute control as the winch operator.
- Due to the smaller footprint of this winch, we requested a winch plate from T-Max. The winch plate we received fits the winch but is too narrow to reach the frame rails of the Jeep.
- The instructions for installing this winch appear to be a poor translation into English and lack in details. For example, in our steps 1 and 7, the T-Max instructions do not mention using the included hardware. A mild adjustment to the writing, and the added explanation for replacing bolts with the included hardware would greatly improve the instructions.
- Opening up the controller to replace the battery, we found double sided sticky tape holding the battery in place and a wire that goes to nothing. We suggest removing this wire completely if it has no use and making a battery tray that will properly hold the battery in place.